Baron Schwartz wrote:
> What are the biggest changes you anticipate? I'd say they will be the
>  version upgrade, converting to InnoDB, and using replication.  It
> looks like you have planned well for all but using replication.

That's interesting. What kind of activities (besides configuration,
maybe?) are interesting to add?

> Unless you are familiar with it, that is likely to be a bigger change
>  than the version upgrade and switch to InnoDB.

That's alarming. I was expecting replication to be a lesser change, not
something this big. Isn't predicting that the replication is one of the
three biggest changes I have in my database a bit of an exaggeration?

> There's a lot to learn about replication if you haven't used it
> before. I'd suggest that you read the manual chapters about
> replication and binary logging, and definitely experiment with
> replication.

Thanks for the advice. I will start reading right away.

I would like to read more comments from the members of this list.

Thank you all for your patience and help.
Cheers!
--
Luis Motta Campos (a.k.a. Monsieur Champs) is a software engineer,
Perl fanatic evangelist, and amateur {cook, photographer}