Kerry Frater schrieb:
Can someone please advise. I am looking to create a "multiuser" friendly way
of getting a subset number of rows from a table into another whilst making a
modification.

I thought that this could be done using a temporary table in a batch script
that is unique to that session e.g.

create temporary table Ttable1 (select * from masterlist where ref='ABCDE');
update Ttable1 set ref='SMI0C001';
insert into sublist select * from Ttable1;
drop Ttable1;

I know the above syntax doesn't work but it shows the steps I am looking to
take.
Hope this makes enough sense to be able to answer.

did you tried with lowercase table names (ttable1) too?

--
Sebastian