Mike wrote:
I would like to move from 32-bit to 64-bit MySQL within the next year.
Unfortunately, there is not a lot of documentation on migration or anything
else regarding 64bit MySQL.

My current setup consists of one master and two slaves (all using 32bit and
MySQL 5.0). I am looking to add a 64bit slave to the mix.

What is the difference between 32-bit and 64-bit?  Is this a good idea? Can
it be done?  What would make this go wrong?

I have made this migration on multiple servers. It has never been any trouble. Your biggest gain would probably be the ability to address more RAM. I would just dump the database from the 32-bit platform and import it into the 64-bit server.

Keith

--
Keith Murphy

editor: MySQL Magazine http://www.mysqlzine.net