Probably not

AFAIK it should work in theory if you have no floating point columns but I
would not try it.
Why cant you take a dump, you can do it table by table, you will have some
downtime though.

One option might be to use a 64bit slave and make that the master and then
add more 64 slaves.

On 4/25/08 11:57 AM, "Mike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 11:45 AM, Olaf Stein
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> As long as you use dumps to restore your databases on the new 64bit system
>> (instead of the binary files) you should be fine
>>
>> Olaf
>
> I have so much data that we can't take a mysqldump of our database. The
> directory tared is about 18GB.  I just use the other method by just copying
> over the data directory.  Do you think the data will be intact if a just copy
> over the data directory?

----------------------------------------- Confidentiality Notice:
The following mail message, including any attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information. The recipient is responsible to
maintain the confidentiality of this information and to use the
information only for authorized purposes. If you are not the
intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the
intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any review, use,
disclosure, distribution, copying, printing, or action taken in
reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message. Thank you.