I have a Ubuntu 8.04 Server VM set up that I'm using for replication for a WS2003 machine (which is the master).I have used a checksum utility that someone recommended to check if the tables are in sync, but I don't have a GUI installed on Ubuntu, so trying to interpret the selected columns that wrap in the text mysql command prompt is nearly impossible. So, what I'd like to do is connect to the Ubuntu server from one of my other windows machines where I do have a GUI, and can get much better output.

So, that being the case, I've made a couple changes to try to get this working.

First, I've changed the bind-address setting to refer to the ip address of the machine, not 127.0.0.1.

Second, I've done a "GRANT ALL ON * TO [EMAIL PROTECTED] identified by 'mypassword';

When I try to connect via the mysql command utility in windows, I'm told "ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.1.128' (10061)"

The firewall should be an issue in this case, because I'm connecting directly to the machine, and not going through a firewall. To my knowledge, there is not a firewall installed on the Ubuntu server, because I have it connecting to my server for replication, and that appears to be working fine.

Are there some additional steps I need to take to make this work?

Thanks,
Jesse