How about ...

Use InnoDB for all the transaction important data. Maybe you want to create a powerful search for your stock table, though and maybe that table contains millions of records.

You can't use full-text search with InnoDB but you can with MyISAM. You could put some of the not-so-important text in the MyISAM table and enable full-text searches there. Sure, the MyISAM table doesn't do cascading deletes, foreign keys, or transactions, but it's just used for searches and isn't a high-priority table. It can be updated once a night at 3am when the database load is lowest.

-- Dante

hezjing wrote:
Hi
When and why we create tables in different storage engines within a same
database?

Take for example a normal inventory application that provides CRUD operation
- USER table (e.g. create new user)
- STOCK table (e.g. when there is new stock arrives)
- CUSTOMER table (e.g. create new customer)
- SALE table (e.g. when a stock is bough by a customer)

I think it is always a best choice to use InnoDB since many applications are
transactional.

How would one wants to create a USER table in MyISAM engine and SALE table
in InnoDB engine?

Can you give some example?

Thank you!