The above argument  applies to only MYSQL DATE field ................ (timezone
sensitive)
where as in the  case DATETIME Field  it does not do any conversion gets
what we store (timezone insensitive)

               in the case of  TIMESTAMP Field it gets converted between UTC
and local timezone. (timezone sensitive)