iam sorry iam facing same problem with the datetime iam confused and
working/investigating on it.
Problem is :

Java  Program                                                          MYSQL
 --------- ----------
  -----------------------------
Default timezone : GMT                                            Default
Timezone : GMT+5:30

program trying to store

date : 2008-10-20 12:23:09------------------------------------->stored as
: 2008-10-20 12:23:09

program trying to retrieve
print
date :  2008-10-20 06:23:09<---------------------------------------  2008-10-20
12:23:09
(here is the problem, i did not get what i
stored time is less by 5:30 hrs)

regards
rama