Quiesce ALL slaves if you have master/slave DB's

Once you've implemented explain plans..check any SQL statements which produce
Full Table Scans
If so You'll want to implement Indexes on <compsite> columns for those join
conditions to implement a Unique Constraint
you will need to extract out the data and reload as The table now accepts
unique data items only

Get familiar with export routines available via mysqladmin to export the data
recreate the Tables with the Unique column constraint
create the indexes to use those unique columns
and finally use mysqladmin to import the data to those tables

HTH
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business
of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not
endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does
not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.

> Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 12:44:29 +0100
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Tuning a MySQL desktop database
> CC: mysql@lists.mysql.com
>
> Hello,
>
> Here, you can get some help:
> http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2006/09/29/what-to-tune-in-mysql-server-after-installation/
>
> Regards.
> ----
> Salah NAIT-MOULOUD
> www.echovox.com  |  www.m-boost.com
>
> On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 12:33 PM, RP Khare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > wrote:
>

> > We are testing MySQL in production environment with real data. When the
> > application is ready and all tests have been conducted well, we will finally
> > migrate to MySQL Enterprise.
> >
> > At present our application is running on a desktop machine with MySQL 5.1
> > Community Edition installed on it. MySQL 5.1 is using default settings.
> >
> > Machine is: Pentium 4 with 256 MB RAM.
> >
> > What settings I need to change to tune MySQL?

> > Rohit.

> > Movies, sports & news! Get your daily entertainment fix, only on live.com
> > http://www.live.com/?scope=video&form=MICOAL

Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with Windows Live
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/119462413/direct/01/