I have only 3 things worth mentioning:

You might want to lower max_connections... wouldn't want someone to
actually start *using* 100 connections on a desktop box that only has
256MB RAM to begin with... it'll be in swap instantly (if it isn't
already, before you've even started MySQL).

Why InnoDB? If you're looking at low-concurrency (5 user max, you
said) and low memory usage, you might want to leave it at the default
of MyISAM, and then use 'skip-innodb' for the memory savings... unless
you've got a good reason to change it. It's not a lot, but with only
that small amount to work with every little bit will help. That'll
save you $innodb_buffer_pool_size amount of memory at least (plus the
actual InnoDB code itself).

Depending on what you're trying to do, you might want to consider
something like SQLite or HSQLDB instead. Both should be more
lightweight than MySQL.

As for other tweaks to make to MySQL itself, I don't have much to
offer. Most tweaks depend almost entirely on the workload in
question... like another respondent said, if there were tweaks that
everyone used, they'd be the defaults by now :).

You might try out these two scripts... they've been very helpful
diagnosing MySQL performance issues for me on Linux servers. Good luck
getting them going on Windows though... Cygwin might be necessary :)
http://www.day32.com/MySQL/
http://wiki.mysqltuner.com/MySQLTuner

Jake