Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone had any good insight into running the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of MySQL? We are going to be using a replication setup within my organization very shortly. We intend to a have at least one master (writable) DB and several (let's say 3 for this excersise ) read-only DB's. One suggestion that I got was to use 64 bit version of MySQL so that we can make better use of our servers memory as we are using servers that have 16 - 32 GB of RAM.

Does anyone have any info on whether or not using the 64 Bit version is a good idea given the setup described above?

Would I need to run the 64 bit version on all the servers or just the master, etc? Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Shain