Hi,

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 9:20 AM, Marcel Grandemange
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>WHat errors are you getting when you try and start the slave?
>
> That's the exact thing....
>
> mysql> show slave status\G
> *************************** 1. row ***************************
>             Slave_IO_State: Waiting for master to send event
>                Master_Host: 192.168.11.252
>                Master_User: cjcrepl
>                Master_Port: 3306
>              Connect_Retry: 60
>            Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000005
>        Read_Master_Log_Pos: 98
>             Relay_Log_File: gw2-relay-bin.000099
>              Relay_Log_Pos: 235
>      Relay_Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000005
>           Slave_IO_Running: Yes
>          Slave_SQL_Running: Yes
>            Replicate_Do_DB: cjcd0,cjcd0

Here you are filtering your replication, are you happy the filter is
correctly applied and that you understand this configuration option.

Peter from Percona wrote a blog post about this last year.
http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2007/11/07/filtered-mysql-replication/

>        Replicate_Ignore_DB:
>         Replicate_Do_Table:
>     Replicate_Ignore_Table:
>    Replicate_Wild_Do_Table:
> Replicate_Wild_Ignore_Table:
>                 Last_Errno: 0
>                 Last_Error:
>               Skip_Counter: 0
>        Exec_Master_Log_Pos: 98
>            Relay_Log_Space: 235
>            Until_Condition: None
>             Until_Log_File:
>              Until_Log_Pos: 0
>         Master_SSL_Allowed: No
>         Master_SSL_CA_File:
>         Master_SSL_CA_Path:
>            Master_SSL_Cert:
>          Master_SSL_Cipher:
>             Master_SSL_Key:
>      Seconds_Behind_Master: 0
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> According to the slave all is running and 100%, although the data is visibly
> outdated.
> And updates to tables or even new tables do not replicate since connectivity
> loss..

This Seconds_Behind_Master: 0
combined with Slave_IO_Running: Yes and Slave_SQL_Running: Yes
indicate that the slave is both up to date and running without
problems caused by connectivity issues.

How are you testing the differences between tables? to really know
what is different you need to perform something like a table checksum,
maatkit has a tool for that.

http://www.maatkit.org/doc/mk-table-checksum.html

If there really are differences between the two versions of table data
I would suggest you are either filtering replication incorrectly
(remember what filters are for master and which are for slaves) or you
are using non-deterministic functions which when executed on the slave
give a different result, something like this.

http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2008/09/29/why-audit-logging-with-triggers-in-mysql-is-bad-for-replication/

Cheers,

Ewen