There are products out there that convert from ms sql to MySql.
Though I would test them before trusting them

------Original Message------
From: Chris Rehm
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: moving data to MySQL
Sent: Feb 21, 2009 10:47

I want to write some programs to work with data from eveonline.com but my
installed database is MySQL and the data format they provide is a backup of
MSSQL. They recommend installing SQL Server 2005 Express and I've downloaded
that and am willing to install it, I just want to know if there is a
programmatic way of transferring the data to MySQL. Any help or insight
would be appreciated, I have been away from coding for several years because
of health issues and I'm trying to knock the rust off my brain and get going
again.

Chris Rehm
ch...@javadisciple.com