MySQL will live on regardless of who owns the brand. First and foremost
MySQL is a community and that community will continue to develop MySQL and
take it in the direction they want it to go. Sure Oracle could try and
force some 'features' or changes through but if the community didn't like
them the community would just keep developing 'pre-oracle' MySQL, even if
that happens to be under a different name.

Personally I would be surprised if the Oracle deal goes unchallenged. I
don't think Oracle really 'want' MySQL as it makes very little money and
it raises competition concerns. I wouldn't be surprised if Oracle were to
look at offloading MySQL to ease competition fears, perhaps to someone
like Google who are already heavily involved in the development of MySQL.