Abhi,

I might not be understanding the problem but could you use the max and min timestamp values and use something like

SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE start BETWEEN max AND min AND end BETWEEN max AND min

or

SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE START IN (1,2,3,4,5) AND END IN(1,2,3,4,5)

I might be completely off-base here though as I don't think I fully comprehend what you're trying to do.

Kyong