What about sub selects. As I see it you only care about the highest and lowest order of results in each list.

Sorry, in am on a mobile so I can nit make a test case, and this will be pseudo SQL.

Select * from table where start <= (select foo) and ( select foo) ...

Also look at the "between" and "in" keywords.

Perhaps your list of timestamps is not in a database, can you put then in?

Either way unless I am reading you wrong you only need the greatest and lowest time in your comparison, not a huge list.
--
Scott
Iphone says hello.