jeetendra.ran...@sampatti.com wrote:
Hi,
Will you plesae guide me ?
We are about to launch one website whose database is in MySQL. I am very exited
about the server setting specially about .cnf file.
I have below hardware and .cnf details. Will you please guide me is the .cnf file details sufficient to support current hardware. Initially 2000 users will visit this site everyday. Hardware and OS
... snip ...

Unfortunately, you have not asked us an answerable question. There are too many unknowns in your setup for us to estimate how much database usage per customer your site will create. If it's a single query per visitor, then you probably can omit any tuning at all. If each visit requires dozens of queries each using multiple tables then you have a totally different usage profile.

It all boils down to what you are doing to the database, not how many people are doing it.

What can you tell us about your application, how many rows of data you plan to manage, if your data is mostly MyISAM or InnoDB, and what performance numbers you have achieved so far using your lab equipment and a simulated user load. Also, is your MySQL database sharing the same box as your web server or are they located in separate machines?

At that point, we may be able to make a reasonable guess about your situation.

--
Shawn Green, MySQL Senior Support Engineer
Sun Microsystems, Inc.