To: "Jeetendra Ranjan" <jeetendra.ran...@sampatti.com>
Cc: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:27 PM
Subject: Re: Req. suitable .cnf file for Server used by 2000 users daily

this error indicates either root doesn't have sufficient privilege or
the password entered was bad. try running it this way:

./mysqltuner.pl --user root --pass <password>

Jeetendra Ranjan wrote:
Hi,

I run the mysqltuner at my server as below and i got error like below.
[r...@127 /]# ./mysqltuner.pl

 >>  MySQLTuner 1.0.1 - Major Hayden <ma...@mhtx.net>
>> Bug reports, feature requests, and downloads at http://mysqltuner.com/
 >>  Run with '--help' for additional options and output filtering
Please enter your MySQL administrative login: root
Please enter your MySQL administrative password:
[!!] Attempted to use login credentials, but they were invalid.

On some other server this script is running absolutely fine without any change in mysqltuner.pl.

Please guide me how can i run this script

Thanks & Regards
Jeetendra Ranjan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Ferrell" <bferr...@baywinds.org>