Hey,

Let's say that every mysql developer (here I am thinking only persons, not companies) that wants mysql to go >forward would contribute from $500,00 to $1500,00, how much are we talking about? And we would have a >100% community owned and community driven open source initiative...

Course, there are many others management problems and legal issues to solve, but if anybody would join me I >would be the first one! And also would be a REMARKABLE adventure and maybe the next step for the open >source initiatives around the world...

Brilliant... now, whose gonna run the project? ;-)

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com