Twenty bucks a year to hold the domain name. I'll do it if a couple of folks volunteer to help set up the page.

PB

-----

Bruno B. B. Magalhães wrote:
Lets register the domain www.keep-mysql-open.com, build a champain,
and ask all our partners, clients and friends to support to it?

And let's make some noise... Let's engage the society and big
companies like Google, Facebook, twitter, 37Signals, Amazon, Percona,
etc. And starting talking to the media like TechCrunch.com,
BusinessWeek, ZD.Net, etc.

Without society's engagement we won't acomplish anything!

Regards,
Bruno B. B. Magalhães
Sócio-Diretor de Negócios e Tecnologia

BLACKBEAN CONSULTORIA
Rua Real Grandeza 193/210, Botafogo
Rio de Janeiro, RJ, 22281-035, Brasil

+55 (21) 9996-1093
+55 (21) 2266-0597
www.blackbean.com.br

Esta mensagem pode conter informação confidencial e/ou privilegiada.
Se você não
for o destinatário ou a pessoa autorizada a receber esta mensagem, não pode usar, copiar ou divulgar as informações nela contidas ou tomar qualquer ação
baseada nessas informações. Se você recebeu esta mensagem por engano,
por favor
avise imediatamente o remetente, respondendo o e-mail e em seguida apague-o.
Agradecemos sua cooperação.

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are
not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you
must not
use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information
herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender
immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your
cooperation.

Quoting mos <mo...@fastmail.fm>:

Instead of forming a group hug and singing kumbuya to save MySQL,  why
don't we take some action to prevent Oracle from keeping
(destroying/crippling) MySQL?

Who are the regulatory bodies that will decide whether Oracle can keep
MySQL? Both in Europe and North America? Asia?
What are their email addresses?  They may not realize how destructive
Oracle can be to the future of MySQL and the number of MySQL database
installations this will affect.

I think we should start a writing campaign  to the regulatory bodies to
force (or encourage) them to have Oracle to sell or spin off MySQL to
another party. What we need is ACTION.

So if someone could provide us with the names of these regulatory
parties and their email addresses, we can try to light a fire under
them to put pressure on Oracle. A web page to SaveMySQL would also help
get our message across.

What do you think guys? Can someone provide us with the names and email
addresses of the regulatory bodies, or would you rather I post the
lyrics to kumbuya?

Mike

----- End forwarded message -----