Hi Tompkins,
Check the below URL, looks like useful for your project.

20) set_password('username','hostname','oldpassword','newpassword');
(version 0.1.1) (version 0.1.4 added oldpassword) -- Changes password for
any user (if current user is root), otherwise changes own password if
current user is not root. can change the password up to 11times in 1 day and
stores the last 5 passwords which were not changed for at least 24hrs. Does
not permit the new password to be the same as any of the old passwords.
Resets update count if more than 24hrs passed from last first update of the
day. Password must be longer than '10 characters (configurable amount
through sec_config.password_length)'. Complexity requirements are set on
sec_config:

   1. password_length_check
   2. password_dictionary_check
   3. password_lowercase_check
   4. password_uppercase_check
   5. password_number_check
   6. password_special_character_check
   7. password_username_check

Root user doesn't need to abide to the above password restrictions when
creating a new user since the latter will have to change the password and
set one of his own.

In order for a user to change one's old password, the user needs to supply
the old password apart from the new one as well.

For more details, check the below link

http://code.google.com/p/securich/wiki/Documentation

Thanks,
Suresh Kuna