I ran out of space on a large, busy production database just a few weeks
ago. All tables are InnoDB and I experienced zero data loss.

It was actually running out of space for almost 2 weeks after a review of
the log file. As temp files were deleted transactions were able to continue
until all but zero bytes of the disk were available.

I think MySQL did a fantastic job handling the problem.

JW