Hello all,

New to MySQL and still exploring. I have MySQL installed on one of the boxes
on the intranet (on which I am not the root) and am trying to connect to it
remotely via a box (that can be see from the "external world").
Unfortunately it does not seem to be working. Here's what I did from the
shell:

my sql -h <IP_OF_INTRANET_BOX> -u andy -p

After I do this, it asks for my password, and after I enter it, it just sits
there doing nothing. I am however able to login using my credentials from
the intranet box directly. However when from the intranet box, I try to
login using the exact command above, it's exactly the same situation - it
just sits there after I enter the password.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Andy