Correct,
a primary key is used to uniquely identify each row in a table. It can
either be part of the actual record itself , or it can be an artificial
field (one that has nothing to do with the actual record).
A primary key can consist of one or more fields on a table. When multiple
fields are used as a primary key, they are called a composite key.

A Primary key constraint can be defined at various levels:

    * Primary key constraint defined at column level
                      Syntax: <Column Name> <datatype>(<size>) Primary Key
    * Primary key constraint defined at table level
                     Syntax: Primary key (<Column Name>, <Column Name>)

--Prabhat