Awesome, thanks for helping that's just what I needed :-)

Nunzio

________________________________
From: Joerg Bruehe <joerg.bru...@oracle.com>
To: Nunzio Daveri <nunziodav...@yahoo.com>
Cc: MySQL General List <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Fri, July 30, 2010 10:49:14 AM
Subject: Re: CentOS 4.8 no-install of MySQL 5.1.4X???

Hi Nunzio, all (cc' to the list)!

Nunzio Daveri schrieb:
> Hello Joerg, thanks for replying.  I am at:
>
> http://mysql.llarian.net/Downloads/MySQL-5.1/

I cannot comment on that server, do neither know it nor the origin of
the packages they provide (own builds or mirrored ones from the MySQL
Build Team).

> I am looking for what you described but cannot find a 5.1.44 for CentOS 4.8
> on

> Intel Quad Core CPU???  Any help is most appreciated.  I have no problems
> with

> Solaris but need it for CentOS 4.8 specificially on intel dual cpu quad core
> x5000 seriec chipset running 64 bit with 16GB Ram.

That's ok, the packages built by MySQL (-> Sun -> Oracle) do not differ
between single- and multi-CPU machines.

> Based on what you have said, I should be looking for a:
>
> mysql-5.1.44-linux-x86_64.tar.gz

Right.

> but all I find is a:
>
> mysql-5.1.44.tar.gz

That's the plain sources.

> What am I doing wrong please?

You might try the MySQL download site I mentioned:
  http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.1.html

If you are looking for 5.1.44, you will not find it directly on that
page, because the current version is 5.1.49.
But at the very bottom of the page, in the second column, there is a
link "Archives" that will get you to
  http://downloads.mysql.com/archives.php

Click "MySQL Database Server 5.1" (4th entry from the top),
on the next page select "5.1.44",
on the next page the first five entries are generic Linux tar.gz packages.

HTH,
Jörg

--
Joerg Bruehe,  MySQL Build Team,  joerg.bru...@sun.com
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG,  Komturstrasse 18a,  D-12099 Berlin