Shawn,

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Shawn Green (MySQL)
<shawn.l.gr...@oracle.com> wrote:
> On 8/2/2010 3:39 PM, Daevid Vincent wrote:
>>
>> And now I just got yet another email for a different bug from 2008!!
>> What's
>> going on here?
>> BTW, this bug is super annoying! How sad that in FOUR YEARS AND FOURTEEN
>> DAYS it is yet to be fixed. Seriously? This can't be that hard to fix, in
>> fact, it seems that Innodb would have to go out of it's way to be
>> different
>> than the standard SQL logic.
>
> The messages you received are status change notifications to the bugs to
> which you are subscribed.  While I cannot get into any details  about why
> these bugs have been "working" for such a long time you should be encouraged
> that they are under review, again.

I have complained to a couple of MySQL'ers before about mystifying
emails that apparently show no change to the bug at all.  I was told
that these are being sent when developers post private comments to the
bugs.  I consider this a bug in the bug tracking system :-)

Baron