Hello Nunzio,

Instead of Dropping a index, you can disable the indexes and get the work
done and re-enable them.

If you are ok with this then run the below as a shell script :-

MUSER="username"
MPASS="password"
DATABASE="dbname"

for db in $DATABASE
do
 echo "starting disabling indexes for database -- $db"
TABLES=`mysql -u $MUSER -p$MPASS $db -e "show tables"`
for table in $TABLES
do
mysql -u $MUSER -p$MPASS $db -e "Alter table $table disable keys"
done

echo "completed disabling indexes for database -- $db"
done

Cheers,
Anirudh Sundar