From: Anirudh Sundar <sundar.anir...@gmail.com>
To: Nunzio Daveri <nunziodav...@yahoo.com>
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Sent: Tue, August 10, 2010 1:06:41 AM
Subject: Re: Dropping ALL indexes from a database / not just a table?

Hello Nunzio,

Instead of Dropping a index, you can disable the indexes and get the work done
and re-enable them.

If you are ok with this then run the below as a shell script :-

MUSER="username"
MPASS="password"
DATABASE="dbname"

for db in $DATABASE
do
 echo "starting disabling indexes for database -- $db"
echo "----------------------------------------------------------"
TABLES=`mysql -u $MUSER -p$MPASS $db -e "show tables"`
for table in $TABLES
do
mysql -u $MUSER -p$MPASS $db -e "Alter table $table disable keys"
done

echo "completed disabling indexes for database -- $db"
done

Cheers,
Anirudh Sundar

Hello Gurus, is there a way / script that will let me DROP ALL the indexes in a