> >> Is this foolproof? Absolutely not, if there are conflicts between the
> >> changes
> >> by different users. You'll be stuck with "He who write last, writes best";
> >but
> >> I think that's as good as it's going to get for you.
> >
> >AIUI, you could prevent that by having a second timestamp, "based-on":
> >If "based-on" in the new record is the same value as "changed-on" in the
> >central data base, update - if they differ, you had somebody else come
> >first and will now need some manual alignment.
>
> [JS] That's a good thought, if manual editing is practical.

Hrmm I see where you are going with that. I am thankful for the most
part then that I really only have 4 workers who will be using this
database. I have never done this kind of database programming before, so
this should prove to be interesting ;) Thank you very much for the
advice guys. At least now I know something like what I need is actually
possible.