To: "short cutter" <shortcut...@126.com>
Cc: "Brent Clark" <brentgclarkl...@gmail.com>; <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 5:10 AM
Subject: Re: Master Master Replication ... do a fail over and a week agos data is revealed.

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 9:48 AM, short cutter <shortcut...@126.com> wrote:

2010/10/18 Brent Clark <brentgclarkl...@gmail.com>:
> Hiya
>
> I run MySQL Master - Master Replication. Ive had an interesting > situation
> whereby I failed over using heartbeat but whats is interesting  is that
via
> the application (vbulletin), I see that the forums was showing that a
weeks
> ago data.

Why using M-M replication?
The book of "High performance Mysql" says it is not a reliable mechanism.

There's various reasons why - almost all my setups also use it. It's not a
reliable mechanism for dual-active setups, but as a hot standby there's
nothing wrong with it whatsoever. Read the book again :-)

I don't have a straight explanation about why the secondary master offers
data from a week ago, though. If replication is running, maybe there's
something going on with the binlogging on the primary ? Check the primary's
master status and the secondary's slave status; check what's in the
primary's binlogs and in the secondary's relay logs; if need be check the
traffic that goes over the replication interface.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn