> From: "Daevid Vincent" <dae...@daevid.com>
>
> my point exactly. there is NONE. and if you don't patch your mysql as
> needed, then you will need a lot more help when you're hacked. ;-p

I note that the impact of every single one of these vulnerabilities was "An
authenticated user could exploit this to make MySQL crash, causing a denial of
service."

That's a pretty low threat level. No mention was made of gaining or increasing
access, nor of corrupting data.

First, you need an "authenticated user" who is trying to "exploit" a
vulnerability to cause "denial of service."

If you're allowing a publicly accessible pseudo-user to exploit such
vulnerabilities through script injection, that's YOUR problem!

If an "authenticated user" causes a "MySQL crash" on my system, they get
de-authenticated pretty quickly. :-)

No rational person can see how using up the topsoil or the fossil fuels as
quickly as possible can provide greater security for the future, but if enough
wealth and power can conjure up the audacity to say that it can, then sheer
fantasy is given the force of truth; the future becomes reckonable as even the
past has never been. -- Wendell Berry