What about this?

date_format(now(), "%Y/%m/%d")

--
João Cândido de Souza Neto

""Jerry Schwartz"" <je...@gii.co.jp> escreveu na mensagem
news:011201cb9d6c$eccc1e60$c6645b...@co.jp...
I have to move the back-end of an Access application to MySQL, and I've run
into one issue that I haven't been able to solve yet.

The Access database stores dates as text in a "yyyy/mm/dd" format. The
problem is that the default value is a formula that generates the current
date, formatted as text. In Access, it looks like

'=Format$(Now(),\"yyyy/mm/dd\")'

This construct is used throughout the table definitions.

Is there any alternative to setting the default to something else (NULL, for
example) and moving the "default" into the application code? That would be a
significant PITA.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz

Global Information Incorporated