i would use virtual machines because port/socket/configuration

after running our whole infrastructure on vmware i can not understand
how i could live without machine-snapshots and auto-failover :-)

on hardware with virtualization support performance is also
not a problem and ESXi is free without support on hardware
matching the HCL