Just know that there is not-a-problem in running multiple instances on the
same host,
then all you have to do is to evaluate the performance factor.
In your case I would not introduce the overhead of the VMs,
but take advantage of this to learn how to manage multiple instances on the
same host that is always useful.

You can have a look at Giuseppe Maxia's MySQL Sandbox<http://mysqlsandbox.net/>

Or if you wish I can share my technique I use since 3.23.

Cheers

Claudio

--
Claudio