Hi all!

John G. Heim wrote:
> From: "Claudio Nanni" <claudio.na...@gmail.com>
> [[...]]
>

>> In case you use a linux or unix system, to strip off the comments in
>> linux
>> bash is very easy, you can use this simple bash command:
>>
>> grep -v "^/\*" yourdumpfile.sql > yourdumpfilewithoutcomments.sql
>
> That didn't work because there are comments embedded in the line that
> creates the procedure. For example:
>
> /*!50003 CREATE*/ /*!50020 DEFINER=`root`@`localhost`*/ /*!50003
> PROCEDURE `TIMETABLE_SYNC`()
>
> That's all one line. It will probably wrap in my  message. But the line
> begins with a /* so its removed by your grep command.

No member of the "grep" family is the right tool for this, as they
always take (or ignore) whole lines.

This is a job for "sed" - try this (tested just on that single line):

  sed '1,$s=/\*![3-6][0-9]* \([^*]*\)\*/=\1 =g' <dumpfile.sql >noversion.sql

HTH,
Joerg

--
Joerg Bruehe,  MySQL Build Team,  joerg.bru...@oracle.com
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG,   Komturstrasse 18a,   D-12099 Berlin