Am 29.11.2011 14:08, schrieb Luis Pugoy:
> Hello. I have the following problem.
>
> I was importing a large database to mysql using mysqldump. Unfortunately this
> filled up the whole disk, and
> mysqldump exited with an error that the table it is currently writing to is
> full. Checking df -h it shows that the
> disk usage is at 100%. I decided to drop the database I was importing, but
> rechecking df -h shows that it is still
> at 100%. I then looked for the cause of this and found a very large file
> under /var/lib/mysql. I think it is
> ibdata1.

ibdata1 does NEVER get smaller, this is normal and a hughe problem
in your case, only if you are using "innodb_file_per_table" which
is NOT default would retire the space after drop tables

why is this dumb "innodb_file_per_table=0" default since MOST PEOPLE
have only troubles with it because they can not free space with
"optimize table" with no real benefits?