Simon,

It's likely that when you specify the times as integer literals they
are being converted to something you don't expect. You can use EXPLAIN
EXTENDED followed by SHOW WARNINGS to see what's happening; it might
be interesting and educational. I would specify the times you want as
datetime literals, in 'quotes', to make sure the database interprets
your values correctly.

--
Baron Schwartz
Win free MySQL conference tickets! http://goo.gl/mvZ4W