I tried the use mysql; for my session.  Here is the result:

Joe

Begin forwarded message:

From: shawn green <shawn.l.gr...@oracle.com>
Subject: Re: Fwd: mysql_tzinfo_to_sql
Date: April 5, 2013 1:58:01 PM EDT
To: Joe Kosinski <joj...@gmail.com>

Hi Joe,

On 4/5/2013 1:58 PM, Joe Kosinski wrote:
The commands didn't work and the time zone tables are not loaded.
 Whenever I ran the queries mysql> SELECT * FROM time_zone;
mysql> SELECT * FROM time_zone_name;
I got an error message stating no database was selected.  I think when I
tried to locate the path to the mysql_tzinfo_to_sql previously nothing
worked.

All tables are organized into databases. The timezone tables are in the `mysql` database. To change your active database, use the 'use' command in your session

use mysql;

--
Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN