On 21.06.2013 13:35, Steven Siebert wrote:

> Hartmut - if the session Id is not a meaningful part of the
> client/server protocol, is the session managed my the transport layer
> rather than the app layer?  If the TCP connection is lost...is the
> effectively session over and can not be re-established on another
> socket?

yes, the lifetime of a connection is bound to the lifetime of the
underlying transport session. Also even if you could hijack an
established TCP or Unix Domain Socket connection you'd still need
to figure out how to use it withough bringing the protocol flow
out of sync.

--
Hartmut Holzgraefe <hart...@skysql.com>
Principal Support Engineer (EMEA)