Am 13.02.2015 um 00:03 schrieb Bruce Ferrell:
If the datadir is empty. you have to execute a different utility
mysql_install_db.  This will create a correct initial database.

Jesus!  I HATE systemd.  The sysV init script handled this correctly.

tell me *one* reason why it is the job of the init-system to check and fire up "mysql_install_db" at each start? guess what happens when that shell snippet makes a mistake and does that on a existing install

frankly my "mysql" database was installed in 2003 on a windows machine and is the root for every mysql setup from then on Windows, OSX and Linux from MySQL 3.x to MariaDB 5.x up to MariaDB 10.x

why would i want to do all the crap about set a sane default password for each and every install when tehre is a template setup?