----- On Mar 27, 2016, at 2:49 PM, Reindl Harald h.rei...@thelounge.net wrote:

> Am 27.03.2016 um 14:34 schrieb Lentes, Bernd:
>>> You would be better served by first converting your MyISAM tables to
>>> InnoDB to stop mixing storage engine behaviors (transactional and
>>> non-transactional) within the scope of a single transaction. But if you
>>> cannot convert them, using MIXED will be a good compromise.
>>
>> Is this a big problem ? Something to take care of ? Currently we have a mix.
>> I will ask the girl who developed it why we have both kinds. I hope i can
>> convert
>
> surely - when you have non-transactional tables involved in
> updates/inserts you can go and forget using transactions at all since
> interruption or rollback would not rollback already written changes in
> MyISAM tables
>
> transactions are all about consistency - impossible with a mix of InnoDB
> and MyISAM tables

I read that the converting is not difficult. But has the code of our webapp to
be changed ? It's written in php and perl.
What i understand is that inserts/updates/deletions in InnoDB tables have to be
commited. Yes ?
This has to be done in the code ? Or can we use the system variable autocommit ?
That means that everything is commited immediately ? Is this a good solution ?
What means "By default, client connections begin with autocommit set to 1" in
the doc ?
That every client connection established via perl/php is started with
autocommit=1 ?
And when does the commit happen ? When the connection is closed ? Is that
helpful ?

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Dr. Alfons Enhsen, Renate Schlusen
(komm.)
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671