> The above only implies that your program exited without calling
> mysql_close(). Nothing to do with your problem.

But.. why would the console be reporting this?  Ie, I'm getting the same
result (same error in the error log, same truncation) when I manually
pipe the query to the mysql console.  (Note that the errors are coming
from localhost; the actual script is run from a client).  Shouldn't a
direct console query terminate the connection to the database after
proper completion?

> But, as I told you , you did not quote string  constants.
>
> And shoot out your resulting string to some file for inspection. That
> might help you find your error.

See previous emails.. I've been doing this.. the query looks sane; no \0
characters, no odd binary data, nothing out of whack where it truncates
(ie, no renegade ' etc.). Because running the query through the
console with no intervention of the c api causes the same result I'm
finding it difficult to believe it's an issue with the code itself unless
it has something to do with the string itself (ie.. there is some unknown
character in there).  But, that seems unlikely since the code to generate
the query is fairly straight forward.. just dump a bunch of tab delimited
ints groups of which comma delimted into a string.

The query just looks like:

REPLACE into reflectivity.measurement_extended_data set content_typeID =
7, contentID = 1000021529, arrayID = 0, positionID = 1, testID = 1,
iteration = 0, test_locationID = 1, date_added = 993165848, added_by = 18,
data = '396     601     1201    1801    ,0      191     191     191
191     190     189     188     188     188     188     188     187
191     191     191     191     192 <snip></snip>";

It just happens to be several MB large.

Or... are we just having a huge disconnect here?

Thanks!
Seth