I want to prevent duplicate entries into my mysql database which holds
invertory of all network eqpt at my site. Engineers access it thru
netscape and the query insert is done via pdp [below].

I will place the script into php, any pointers on this would be
appreciated.

THX!

Pete

     <?php

     require("fedb.inc");

     mysql_connect(localhost,$user,$password);

     @mysql_select_db($db) or die( "Unable to select database");

     /*Insert into database */

     mysql_query ("INSERT INTO asset (site_id, hostname, device, model,
serial, ip,
                   dept, mhz, ram, hd_size, os_ver, status, data_port,
pp_port, hub_port,
                   digi_port, csmim_port, tprmim_port, xyplex_port,
comments, fe)
                    VALUES ('$site_id', '$hostname', '$device',
'$model', '$serial', '$ip',
                             '$dept', '$mhz', '$ram', '$hd_size',
'$os_ver', '$status',
                             '$data_port', '$pp_port', '$hub_port',
'$digi_port',
                             '$csmim_port', '$tprmim_port',
'$xyplex_port',
                             '$comments', '$fe')
                  ");

      print ("Thanks for submitting your device.");

  ?>

Pete Kuczynski
Principal Field Engineer
DHL Airways Inc.