Hi!

Peter> Hello Michael,
Peter> Thursday, June 28, 2001, 1:52:09 PM, you wrote:

Peter> I started to often get the followings in a log file:

Peter> 010628 13:49:28  Aborted connection 627619 to db: 'counter' user: 'titan' host:
`pan.local' (Got an error reading communication packets)
Peter> 010628 13:49:35  read_key: Got error 134 when reading table
'./counter/counterlayers'
Peter> 010628 13:49:35  read_key: Got error 134 when reading table
'./counter/counterlayers'

Peter> All the times for the same table.  The strange thing is - I do ONLY
Peter> selects and updates for this table, therefor I got the followings then
Peter> I'm trying to check and repair it.

mysql> check table counter.counterlayers;
Peter>
+-----------------------+-------+----------+-------------------------------------------------------+
Peter> | Table                 | Op    | Msg_type | Msg_text

Peter>
+-----------------------+-------+----------+-------------------------------------------------------+
Peter> | counter.counterlayers | check | error    | Record-count is not ok; is 166853
 Should be: 166912 |
Peter> | counter.counterlayers | check | warning  | Found 59 deleted blocks
Should be: 0            |
Peter> | counter.counterlayers | check | error    | Corrupt

Peter>
+-----------------------+-------+----------+-------------------------------------------------------+
Peter> 3 rows in set (0.49 sec)

mysql> repair  table counter.counterlayers;
Peter>
+-----------------------+--------+----------+----------------------------------------------+
Peter> | Table                 | Op     | Msg_type | Msg_text

Peter>
+-----------------------+--------+----------+----------------------------------------------+
Peter> | counter.counterlayers | repair | warning  | Number of rows changed from
166912 to 166853 |
Peter> | counter.counterlayers | repair | status   | OK

Peter>
Peter> 2 rows in set (1.94 sec)

Peter> As you see 59 rows are deleted therefore noone did it.

Any change you can start mysqld with --log-bin, so that you can verify
this if this happens again?

Regards,
Monty