Hello Michael,

I'm getting this again and again with two tables which are used in
quite the same fation - some selects, often updates, rare inserts,  no
deletes:

mysql> repair table counter.quickstat;
+-------------------+--------+----------+----------------------------------------------+
+-------------------+--------+----------+----------------------------------------------+
| counter.quickstat | repair | warning  | Number of rows changed from 168034 to 168022
| counter.quickstat | repair | status   | OK
+-------------------+--------+----------+----------------------------------------------+
2 rows in set (10.72 sec)

mysql> check table counter.counterlayers type=EXTENDED;
+-----------------------+-------+----------+-------------------------------------------------------+
| Table                 | Op    | Msg_type | Msg_text
|            |
+-----------------------+-------+----------+-------------------------------------------------------+
| counter.counterlayers | check | error    | Record-count is not ok; is 168138
|Should be: 168181 |
| counter.counterlayers | check | warning  | Found 43 deleted blocks       Should be:
|0            |
| counter.counterlayers | check | error    | Corrupt
|            |
+-----------------------+-------+----------+-------------------------------------------------------+
3 rows in set (2.51 sec)

mysql> repair table counter.counterlayers;
+-----------------------+--------+----------+----------------------------------------------+
| Table                 | Op     | Msg_type | Msg_text
|    |
+-----------------------+--------+----------+----------------------------------------------+
| counter.counterlayers | repair | warning  | Number of rows changed from 168181 to
|168138 |
| counter.counterlayers | repair | status   | OK
|    |
2 rows in set (1.55 sec)

MW> Any change you can start mysqld with --log-bin, so that you can verify
MW> this if this happens again?

It's allready running in such mode. I've checked the logs for delete
statements - there are not any of them.

Now I've started .38 version to check if it's mysql fault.

--
Best regards,
 Peter                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]