Group;

There is something missing in my understanding of the php mysql_connect
statement because I am getting a parse error as follows:

http://cxkop.com/Jobs/job_list.php
Parse error: parse error in
/home/virtual/cxkop1365/home/httpd/html/Jobs/job_list.php on line 31

The database exists and is populated.

I am doing the Devshed tutorial "jobs":
http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/MySQL/PerfectJob/page5.html

The example code is thus:
// $connection = mysql_connect($hostname, $user, $pass) or die ("Unable to
connect!");

My attempts are: (this is line 31, line 30 is commented out above)
$connection = mysql_connect($cxkop@localhost, $cxkop, $!@@!) or die
("Unable to connect!");

I have tried several different hostnames and tried the password with ' pw '
because it is encrypted in the GRANT tables.

I have searched archives for a clue, but there are 1000's of parse error
questions, mostly dealing with code typo's, the code I'm using is almost
completely unmodified from the devshed example, save the hostname,
username, and password.

What is crazy is if I comment out my modified mysql_connect statement and
use the example one, the page displays, and just says that it can't open
the db, which is understandable because there is no username/password in
the example code.

Help, and thanks!!!!

Joe