> If anyone has any comments about how we at MySQL AB work as an open
> source company, please write to our CEO Marten Mickos via
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] and we will welcome your suggestions. We are
> totally dependent on the trust of our users, as everything we do are
> open source, and we are trying hard to do everything in our power to
> make life easier for our users.

I have one comment. You have an excellent database that has served myself
and *many* others very well! Nothing will ever change that, Monty.

> We at MySQL AB have already taken the necessary legal steps to defend
> our rights. We would however need help from all MySQL users to
> properly defend ourselves.

I wish you success. It is difficult, but sometimes necessary.

> If you want to help us, please help us with the following:
>
> - If you now have a link in your website or browser to mysql.org
>   because you think it is the authorized MySQL AB site, please consider
>   pointing that link to www.mysql.com

Done.

> - Inform everyone you know about the true nature of mysql.org,

I have updated the home page of the Giant Java Tree (www.gjt.org) to
include a pointer to your posting, Monty. Java developers all over the
world hit that web page 5,000 times every day!

> - Send your honest comments about this unfortunate situation, and
>   report all instances of confusion concerning mysql.org to us at
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> If you don't have time to fight for us, you can support us in this
> fight by purchasing a MySQL(tm) server license at
> https://order.mysql.com/

I purchased my license, and I have never regretted it!!

Regards, and good luck,
tim.