Open Invitation to NuSphere and Progress

The people at MySQL AB would like to invite you, NuSphere Corporation
and Progress Software Corporation, to talks on neutral soil for the
purpose of resolving our disputes.  We propose to meet on Wednesday 18
July 2001 and continue for as long as we need, possibly with a break
for visiting the Open Source Convention in San Diego on 23 July
onwards.

We believe London represents neutral soil. It would require both
parties to travel, but would provide you with an English-speaking
forum. Also, airfares should be at about the same price level from
Boston and from Stockholm and Helsinki, and neither of us has an
office in England.

We believe it makes sense to have 3 representatives from each side to
cover at least the following: historic insight in the events in year
2000, top management responsibility today, ownership mandate.
Therefore we would like to see Lorne Cooper, President, Britt
Johnston, CTO and Joseph Alsop, CEO of Progress Software Corporation
from your side. We would be represented by Marten Mickos, CEO, David
Axmark, Co-founder, and Michael "Monty" Widenius, CTO.

We propose the following agenda for the talks, and we welcome your
suggestions on additions and changes:

1. Listing the disputes or disagreements at hand

2. Each party presenting its ideal outcome of the talks

3. Preliminary discussions on scenarios and alternatives

4. (Time for each party to contemplate the talks so far and
   communicate with its offices)

5. Each party presenting first suggestions on how to resolve the disputes

6. Detailed talks about the various alternatives

7. Final suggestions on models for resolving the disputes and working together

8. Final talks, with the aim to reach a conclusion

We do not believe that lawyers would add value in this discussion, and
we are not suggesting the presence of secretaries or other
assistants. But frequent communication by each party with its home
office would be appropriate.

To enable both sides to focus on resolving all disputes, we would be
prepared to agree to a mutual deferral of all legal proceedings,
filings, deadlines and the like between today and the scheduled end of
our talks (the lawyers could figure out that part).

If you accept this invitation, please ether respond in this forum or
privately to MySQL AB.