At 15:08 Uhr +0100 19.7.2001, Peter Duffy wrote:
>database table sql query
>I guess that it's thinking the tablespace is already initialised.

Yes, probably: it's the same if you have an ibdata file and no log
files and start mysql-innodb. I've noticed this while setting up
innodb with filesystem based tablespaces and had given wrong paths to
the logfiles - so mysql did quit, I restarted it with correct paths
to log directories, and it quit again because of 'corrupt data
files'. Removing the data file helped.

(PS. it seems that the innodb_log_group_home_dir and
innodb_log_arch_dir options require absolute paths (or relative to
cwd perhaps). It took me some time to realize this :o].)

Christian.