George,

current binary versions do not yet support
rows of size > 8000 bytes. The next binary
version 3.23.41 will do it.

If you want right now to use > 8000 byte rows,
you have to download the source distribution
innodb-3.23.39b from www.innodb.com, replace
the InnoDB files in the source distribution of
MySQL-3.23.40 and compile.

Regards,

Heikki

Copied message:
Hello all!
I'm running the current MySQL vers. with InnoDB on a Linux box.
Now I tried to load data using a command like
"load data infile '/mysql/out.txt' REPLACE into table LSWEB_CONTENT
fields terminated by '~' lines terminated by '}';

Running the same command in a Myisam table everything works fine,
but trying to insert it into an InnoDB table I get the error
message: "ERROR 1030: Got error 139 from table handler"

A few inserts were actually done, and the point where it stops seems
to be a very large field with approx. 15000 characters which shall be
put into a largetext field.

I already tried out some other formats for the field [like blob or
similar (all should be able to hold more than 15000 characters)], but
I failed admirably.

Do you have any idea how to prevent that error ?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

George